Guru Projects is a dynamic, rapidly growing design and fit-out company who offers complete turnkey solutions to clients in the hospitality industry. We deliver complete fit-out solutions to our clients, which comprise layout design, equipment specification, supply of equipment and all necessary building works.
We work with our clients and offer our extensive knowledge when it comes to the layout design of the kitchen and equipment, focusing on work-flow, speed and efficiency. We strive to build high trust relationships and to focus our efforts on delivering a great quality finish and service.
Due to the award of a burgeoning pipeline of projects, we are seeking an enthusiastic and professional estimator who is willing to learn and specialize in the Hospitality Fit-out Industry.
Estimators combine site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis. Numerical and IT skills are important, as are a strong problem-solving ability and attention to detail. You’ll also need to be able to communicate well, verbally and in writing, and be able to manage projects.
Organisational and presentation skills are crucial as estimators have to be able to meet tight deadlines. Estimators also need an appreciation of data confidentiality and awareness of price trends and regulations. You will also need to have an understanding of the BCA and the Australian Standards
• Production of accurate variation & cost estimates for commercial projects
• Liaising with Project Managers / Engineers in regards to site works, sub-contractors, sales quotes and tenders
• Tender development, assessment and review
• Conduct of site inspections to develop an in-depth understanding of stakeholder requirements
• Souring of sub-contractors and suppliers
• Involvement in the process of preliminary agreements to ensure relevant documents are in order
As an estimator with this fit-out company of choice for high-end hospitality venues, you will ideally have:
• A positive and motivated attitude with a real passion for the fit-out industry
• Ability to read engineering drawings
• Excellent organisational and communication skills and attention to detail