Carpenter / Shop Fitter
- Get into an innovative growing, cool, business.
- Start your dream career right here
- Be part of a team that has fun as a value and means it
- Guru Projects is a dynamic, rapidly growing design and fit-out company who offers complete turnkey solutions to clients in the hospitality industry. They deliver complete fit-out solutions to their clients, which comprise layout design, equipment specification, supply of equipment and all necessary building works.
Their mission is to service the Australian hospitality industry in a way it has never been before. They want to take the fear and the complication out of opening up a hospitality business.
And part or their Vision is having the best team of committed, intelligent, knowledge hungry, happy people helping their clients on their journey.
Besides General carpentry and shop fitting work they will be in charge of liaising with suppliers, allocating jobs and quality control. They deal with the site workers, subcontractors, material and plant movements and resourcing. They will also need to maintain the construction program. On larger, complex construction sites, there may be server site supervisors for different sections of the project.
As a Carpenter / Shop fitter with this fit-out company of choice for high-end hospitality venues, you will ideally have:
- Trade background with wide experience of different construction situations, knowledge and training. This is essential
- Carpentry and Cabinet making experience in the shop fitting industry, building decking, furniture, doors and walls, front counters, wall cladding all interior works as well as working in our workshop building cabinets and joinery.
- Experience leading/managing a team and training apprentices
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and attention to detail
- A positive and motivated attitude with a real passion for the fit-out industry
- Experience in the Hospitality / Hospitality and Commercial fit-outs Industry
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- A great work ethic and a team player attitude
- Experience in shop fitting and Project Management
To apply please forward your cv along with a cover letter that showcases your experience as it relates to the key selection criterial/ capabilities required and your suitability for our role.